Following is an extract from our Terms & Conditions.
5.1 Cancellation by you
Cancellation of your Tour and/or other services you have booked (ie Tour Extension, Additional Services), or for which you are responsible, must be made in writing. If you cancel your booking (subject to any applicable statutory rights):
- 5.1.1 91 days or more prior to the Departure Date, other than your Deposit and Custom Tour Design Fee which are non-refundable (see clauses 2.2 and 2.3), no additional cancellation charge will apply;
- 5.1.2 between 90 and 61 days prior to the Departure Date, we will retain the Deposit, Custom Tour Design Fee and 50% of the Balance;
- 5.1.3 between 60 and 31 days prior to the Departure Date, we will retain the Deposit, Custom Tour Design Fee and 75% of the Balance; and
- 5.1.4 between 30 days or less prior to the Departure Date, no refund of the Balance will be paid to you.
5.2 Refund policy when you cancel your Tour (or a part of your Tour)
We do not make any refunds in relation to the parts of Tour you were not present for including but not limited to the following scenarios:
- 5.2.1 you fail to join your Tour on the Departure Date;
- 5.2.2 you join your Tour after the Departure Date;
- 5.2.3 you leave your Tour prior to its completion; or
- 5.2.4 you opt not to participate in certain parts of the Tour while on the Tour for whatever reason.
5.3 Cancellation by us
Subject to clause 5.4, we may, without limiting any other right we have under these Terms but subject to any applicable statutory rights, in writing or verbally cancel your Tour and other services you have booked (ie Tour Extensions, Additional Services) without liability to you:
- 5.3.1 if you fail to make a Payment on time (and if an individual member of a Private Tour fails to pay the Balance of his or her Invoice by the date specified in his or her Invoice);
- 5.3.2 due to a Force Majeure Event;
- 5.3.3 if we fail to reach the minimum group size (as stated on our Website) for your particular Tour;
- 5.3.4 if we reasonably form the opinion, at any time prior to the Departure Date or during a Tour, that having you participate or continuing to have you participate on your Tour or supplying any other services you have booked to you may have a negative impact upon other guests, our business or commercial reputation or image (on social media platforms or otherwise); or
- 5.3.5 if we reasonably form the opinion that you are bankrupt or may be unable to pay debts as they fall due.
5.4 Refund policy when we cancel your Tour and/or Tour Extension/Additional Services
Upon cancellation by us of your Tour, Tour Extension and/or Additional Services, all Payments for all time incurred by us in arranging your Tour, Tour Extension and/or Additional Services and any other monies due under these Terms become immediately payable. For the avoidance of doubt, as stated in clauses 2.2 and 2.3 above but subject to any applicable statutory rights, the Deposit and Custom Tour Design Fee are non-refundable. In addition, we reserve the right to retain, subject to statutory rights:
- 5.4.1 any applicable cancellation fees which may include reasonable fees for cancelling the booking as well as any additional office costs reasonably incurred as a result of cancellations made by us due to any of the events in clauses 5.3.1 to 5.3.5; and
- 5.4.2 unrecoverable costs incurred in arranging your Tour including but not limited to Service Fees (noting that such arrangements normally start 12 months prior to your Departure Date and such work is performed over time, and as your Departure Date approaches, more and more time will therefore have been spent by us in finalising the finer details of your Tour and any Tour Extensions and that time is chargeable by us and is therefore non-refundable).
- 5.4.3 Third party fees: Where your Tour has been cancelled due to a Force Majeure Event, we are not liable to refund you any fees we have charged you to pay a third party supplier (including, but not limited to, fees charged by hotels) to the extent that we are not able to recover such fees from the supplier (taking into account that when you cancel a booking, the supplier determines whether you receive a credit or a refund depending on their terms and conditions of purchase and, in normal circumstances, it may take 3 to 4 months to receive any refund from the supplier, if applicable, but may take much longer due to a Force Majeure Event).